ASBP Award Ceremony Success!
EDGE hosted the ASBP Award Ceremony on Thursday and it was a great success! With over fifty guests in attendance, everyone was very excited to be with like-minded people to celebrate incredibly innovative sustainable ventures.
During this event, the winners of the 4th annual ASBP Awards were announced as follows.
In the Project Category:
- SNUG Forest Road won the Judge’s Award with their Forest Road SNUG home, an offsite, custom build, net-zero carbon home. This truly challenges the idea of what a ‘house’ is.
- Zetland Passive House won the People’s Prize, which is the UK’s first certified EnerPHit Plus building. This house provided a blueprint for retrofitting the UK’s 8 million pre-1930s homes.
- Accoya Wood won the Judges’ Award, the fast-growing, certified sustainable wood through a proprietary acetylation process. This product is high performing with sustainability credentials that exceed those of man-made alternatives.
- Agile’s Innovation Housing Solution won the People’s Prize, a rapid, housing solution, which is also a high-quality, space-compliant, low-carbon and affordable. They were built using an MMC panel system and reusable materials, each home embeds 27 tonnes of carbon.
- People Powered Retrofit won the Judges’ Award, an initiative developed to offer an end-to-end owner occupier deep retrofit service. This initiative demonstrated incredible collaboration and community energy.
- Structural Carbon Tool won the People’s Prize, launched by the Institution of Structural Engineers. It is an open-source Excel-based carbon estimator developed by Elliott Wood Partnership Ltd. This system allows structural engineers to estimate and then reduce the embodied carbon of their designs.